Back to List
Rainbow Home was started in 2002 with only 2 children. It is a home for the underprivileged, abandoned, abused and orphaned children. Since 2002 Rainbow home has raised up about 60 children.
Rainbow family consist of 26 children, ages from 3 to 18 years, 8 girls and 18 boys. It is a multi racial home comprising of Indians, Chinese, Chin-dians, Philippino Singh, and others mixed nationalities.
The aims of Rainbow home is to free young lives who are mentally tormented, emotionally scarred, physically undernourished and even bodily abused with no hope. Rainbow Home aims to free young lives by providing them love and a future of vision and hope. We ensure that the children receive:
- A good education
- A proper home
- Daily meals
- Training in life skills
- Proper clothing
- Medical & dental care
- Moral training
- A normal wholesome life
Rainbow home raises funds from the public and various organizations to support the children. The monthly expenses comes up to RM 25,000.00. These expenses include
rental, utilities, house repairs and maintenance, stationeries, cooking gas, food, staff salary, children school expenses, medical, dental, school bus, toiletries etc.
Rainbow home has 3 paid care-givers and a few volunteer workers helping in the home.
Rainbow home is situated at 125 Jalan Pakis 2, Taman Ferngroove, Cheras 43200 Selangor. The children goes to government school.
- Sekolah Kebangsaan Taman Cuepas – 4 children
- Sekolah kebangsaan Cina, Batu 9, Cheras – 1 child
- Sekolah Menengah Dusun Nanding, Ulu Langat – 15 children
- Sekolah Khas, Taman Ferngrove, Cheras – 1 child
- Real Kids, Taman Ferngrove, Cheras – 3 children
- Home Schooling – 2 children
Rainbow Home is registered with:
- Registrar of Society – 27 February 2007 Ppp Sel 0368/06 (7) Ppm SEL 1647/06
- Majlis Perbandaran Kajang, Selangor – MPKJ 2 KB/PP/BPB/TDK6
- Bomba – JBPM : SL/Kjg/005/1/5
- Jabatan Masyarakat Kebajikan – Perakuan Pendaftaran Pusat Jagaan B 040/2010
- Perlesenan – SEL 1647/06 (MPKJ/CL/3/132/2011)
Phone: 0122191829 / 0390744368
Contact Person: Sheila Sheng
Total Residents: 25